The aim of this programme is to support the Office of the Premier, Provincial Government departments and Local Government in the field of development planning. This will include providing support to the centre of government in advancing a capable developmental state across spheres, buttressed by a strong integrating, planning and executing centre. This also includes transitioning provincial municipalities from the lower levels of the local government maturity to becoming developmental local government.
Objective of the programme:
To support the building of a capable development state.
Overview of the programme:
The programme focuses on support to the provincial and the local state.
Support to provincial government focus on the following:
- Provide Policy and Planning Support to the co-ordinating Departments, including planning support to the roll-out of the Vision 2030 Provincial Development Plan and the Provincial Strategic Framework, its implementation and review in partnership with the Office of the Premier (OTP)
- Provide Strategic Planning and Facilitation Services across the clusters of government
- Assessment of service delivery approaches in the province, research alternative models and pilot these in partnership with Departments
Local government support focus is on the following:
- Support Metropolitan and district municipalities in their economic development planning and in ensuring alignment with provincial development imperatives
- Development of a Municipal Support Framework, its implementation and Review in Partnership with Eastern Cape Department of Local Government Traditional Affairs (ECLGTA)
- Development, implementation of the Municipal Service Delivery Maturity Model in Partnership with ECLGTA
Strategic government support projects in the 2016/17 financial year.
Strategic Governance Support Projects
Personnel in the programme:
Mr Baphelele Mhlaba
Mr Libhongo Ntlokonkulu
Ms Lungiswa Dubula