Eastern Cape Labour Market Review 2020Q2 Download
Published - 30 Oct 2020
Statistical Analysis: Reports and Data
Date of Publication:
Eastern Cape labour market highlights: second quarter 2020
• The Eastern Cape recorded the highest unemployment rate in the country of 36.9%.
• The number of employed people declined by 15.4% to 1.169 million.
• The number of discouraged work-seekers declined by 19.8%.
• The Eastern Cape youth unemployment rate declined by 0.3 of a percentage point to 53.3%.
• The labour force has a large share of people who have not completed secondary (43.1%) education.
• Female unemployment rate was 36.6% and that of males was recorded at 37.2% in 2020Q2.