Economic review of the Eastern Cape - GDP (2018Q4)
Sub Title :
Category : Statistics and data
Publish Date : 05 Apr 2019
Key finding for the 4th quarter 2018 are:
• SA GDP increased by 1.4% in the fourth quarter of 2018.
• The largest positive contributors to growth in national GDP
in the fourth quarter were the transport, manufacturing and
• EC GDP increased by 1.3% in the fourth quarter with
agriculture, transport and manufacturing industries being
the largest contributors to GDP growth.
• The IMF projected the global economy to grow at 3.5% in
2019 and 3.6% in 2020, 0.2 and 0.1 percentage point below
last October’s projections.
• The South African economy is projected to grow by 1.4% in
2019 and 1.7% in 2020.