ECSECC has published its Eastern Cape Labour Market report for the third quarter of 2022.
Eastern Cape labour market highlights: Third quarter 2022
• The Eastern Cape unemployment rate declined by 0.4 of a percentage point to 42.4%.
• The number of employed people increased by 1.3%
• Employment increased significantly in the informal (non-agricultural) sector by 12.8%.
• The Eastern Cape youth unemployment rate (aged 15 - 34 years) declined to 53.6%.
• Within the unemployed people in the province, 55.6% have secondary not completed.
• The female unemployment rate was higher (43.6%) than that of males, which was recorded at 41.3%.