ECSECC operates according to a five year Strategic Plan and an Annual Performance Plan. The current five year strategic planning cycle started in 2014 and will end in 2019.
Please visit the document library to download the strategic and annual plan.
The strategic plan has four strategic goals:
1.) To facilitate effective and efficient administration and governance
This goal seeks to develop and implement effective and efficient administration, management, finance and governance and knowledge management systems.
This is done through the following subcomponents:
Governance and Operations
- Administration, Finance and Supply Chain
- Human Resources Development and Management
- Information and Communication Technology
- Knowledge Management
- Research and Information Support
2.) To support development policy, strategy and planning in the Eastern Cape Province.
This goal is driven by ECSECC's contribution to setting the provincial policy agenda and supporting the execution of provincial and national priorities.
ECSECCs niche in this areas includes the following:
Policy analysis and advice
- Strategic visioning and agenda setting
- Strategy facilitation
- Strategic planning
- Programming and project packaging
- Impact evaluation
- Institutional support and organisational development
3.) To be a socio-economic knowledge hub for the Eastern Cape Province.
This goal seeks to strengthen ECSECC as a knowledge organisation and enable evidence based advice and interventions.
This is done through the following activities:
Provision of socio-economic and spatial information
- Policy analysis and applied policy research
- Sector research
- Modelling, forecasting and scenario building
- Knowledge management of provincial socio-economic information
- Create platforms for dissemination of information
4.) To create platforms for multi-stakeholder participation and partnerships.
Here, ECSECC seeks to evolve new forms of development dialogue and cooperation and build a culture of social dialogue and active citizenship in the province.
We envisage this will happen through the following activities:
Facilitate dialogues and learning networks
- Provide process and social facilitation
- Provide secretariat to councils and other formal structures
- Pioneer new forms of partnerships, collaboration and coordination
- Assist partnering civil society structures to operate effectively
The plan is organised around six programmes, which have set clear objectives for the five year planning period. The table below summarises the programmes, objectives and the sub-programmes responsible for implementation.